- Things to bring;
- Rafting day schedule;
- reservation policies;
- Participation agreement.
THINGS TO BRING
Day start at : 8h45
Adress: 1041 rd. 148, Bryson, QC, J0X 1H0, CP 39
ON THE RIVER
- Sexy bathing suit 😉
- Mandatory – Shoes or sandals that hold well to your feet, never mind the high heels 😉
- Water shoes (rental available on site (6$ pair).
- Shorts or pants, t-shirt and a sweater depending on weather temperature (polar, polyester or wool fabrics if possible, avoid cotton). Bring a rain coat in windy or rainy weather.
- Reusable water bottle (for sale on site).
- Medications if you take any – Asthma pump, epinephrine (2).
- Another outfit in case you get the first one wet.
- Attach your glasses (for sale on site).
- Sunscreen (for sale on site).
- Wet Suit (rental available on site 7.50$/morceau).
- Sleeping bag.
- Floor mattress.
- Warm clothes.
- YES! You can bring your own alcohol beverage.
- Avoid perfumes (mosquitoes love it).
RAFTING DAY SCHEDULE
- 8h45 : Welcome to the camp! Meeting at the Barn for an instruction summary.
(Arrived before if you want to set up your camp in the morning).
- 9h30 : Security briefing and equipment handing over.
- 10h00 : Ottawa river departure (20 min. bus ride).
- 10h20 : Unloading, equipment preparation.
- 10h40 : RAFTING!!!
- 12h15 :Healthy lunch.
- 13h00 : RAFTING!!!
- 15h30 – 16h30 : River exit, we include beverage and YES! Beer count as a beverage 😉
- 16h00 – 17h00 : Return to base camp.
- 16h45 – 17h45 : BBQ dinner (hamburgers, hot-dogs and Caesar salad).
- 18h30 – 19h30 : Video and/or photo presentation of your day (depends on the number of participants).
- 19h00 : “Après” Rafting. Our place becomes entirely yours!
RESERVATION, REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
The excursion goes on rain or shine!
- You have to fill a medical questionnaire before taking the excursion.
- Certain health conditions may require doctor approval. Call us if you have any doubt.
- You could be pair with other participants.
- 50% of the total amount is requested for a reservation. If this reservation is within 30 days, the full amount is required.
- 28 days or more prior to the reservation date – We will reimburse you in full if you cancel -$50 for administration fee.
- Between 14 and 28 days prior to the reservation date – We will keep a retainer of 30$ per person. If you decide to change date in the same year, we will charge instead a 15$ fee per person.
- Between 7 and 14 days prior to the reservation date – No reimbursement. If you decide to change date in the same year, we will charge a 40$ fee per person.
- 6 days or less prior to the reservation date – No reimbursement and no changing date possible.
- If you are late for the departure there will be no reimbursement. However if you are the only group of the day, we will wait for you and a fee of 10$ per person will be charged for every hour that you are late. If your group has not arrived by noon, the excursion is cancelled with no reimbursement and no changing date possible.
- We reserve the right to change the departure time (you will be notified at least 24h in advance). If your group is 3 or less, it is possible that a change of date will occur (you can ask us when you book if there is a chance that this will happen).
OTHER RULES AND POLICIES
- Respect the environment! Sort your trash the right way (compost, recycling, cans).
- Carpool if you can.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks the day before your Rafting day … or stop drinking at a reasonable time.
- Have a good breakfast.
- Avoid energy drinks.
- In order to participate in rafting excursions you must be at least 40lbs for family Rafting and 90lbs for the Adventure or Classic Rafting.
- 300 pounds maximum. The life jacket must fit.
- You must be in good health. If you suffer from a medical condition, a medical certificate is required, advising you are a suitable candidate for this type of physical activity.
- Pregnant women are not permitted to participate in the rafting excursions.
- Alcohol or drug consumption is not permitted prior to the excursion.